Monday, January 5, 2015

Bianca and Elia ~ Breast is Best!




Allison was able to capture me nursing my baby girl Elia exactly on her second birthday. She was born 12/12/12 and latched on quite well from the beginning. I remember the first few days I had sore, cracked nipples but I continued to tell myself that if I could have an all-natural birth that I could deal with some cracked nipples. I had put it in my head even before her birth that formula was not an option. I never purchased bottles or formula even as a backup.  I was confident that my body was made to do something and that it would succeed.

 My biggest support during my journey has been my fiancĂ©.  I remember before Elia was born he told me that I would nurse her before we left the house and when we got back home, ha! He didn’t know that babies get hungry when they are out and about.  This sounds doesn’t sound very supportive but once he saw how soothing it was for Elia and how much easier it really was compared to carrying bottles and such around, he was all for it. He loved it and would encourage me everywhere, and around anyone to nurse with or without a cover. As long as his baby was happy and fed, what everyone else said around us did not matter.  That was the biggest thing for me; I have always been kind of a people pleaser and not many people like being around a nursing baby and mother. Well, I soon got over that and felt at ease that my child’s nutrition needs were far more important than someone else's opinion.

Breast is best!  Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment