Monday, January 5, 2015

Michele Plus 2 ~ Tandem Nursing!


I have loved nursing my second baby.  She was so easy, I think in part because I was still nursing my first baby so I didn't have to wait through milk coming in, or full breasts since they were working together to relieve mama.  It was the sweetest of times being able to simultaneously nurse both to nap, and allow mama to nap, too. 
 
I choose to nurse because it was free, natural, the best thing for my kiddos.  It made sense with how easy it would be compared to making bottles in the middle of the night and  was consistent with my desire for co-sleeping/bonding.
 
Breastfeeding was the one thing I knew I would do regarding raising kiddos.  It was very hard with my first but I continuously sought support and struggled through it for months.  I know first-hand how hard it can be, from the pain, to poor latching, to not being able to provide enough milk for their needs.  Yet, with help, we got to a place where it was easy and amazing.  It has been so worth it and I wish everyone could experience the beauty and sweetness that comes with being able to soothe and comfort your baby, while providing the perfect nutrition for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment